Friday 14 December 2012

"Couture and canape are just another Saturday night."

As I wrote last week, I will be doing a weekly Gossip Girl fashion series that looks at the best fashion from each season and through these posts we can see how the style of the characters have evolved. FUN. Let's get acquainted.





Now that we've met everyone, let's get down to the fashion. 

A very summery, etherial dress. 
Blair Waldorf reinvented the prep school uniform during her time at Constance.

More preppy chic uniforms.

No Charlize Theron did not guest appear in this season but the dress Blair wore for her Cotillion looks so similar to the one Charlize wore to the 2006 Oscars. This reminds me of Fashion Polices's segment B*tch stole my look. Haha, who do you think wore it best?

Love the socks and shoes look.



This season didn't have a lot of high fashion as the series was just finding its feet. What I did love from here was how Serena & Blair reinvented their prep school uniform to make it look so chic and stylish. Another signature style which we see slowly emerging in season 1 is Blair's unique alicebands (headbands), we see more of them in season 2. I don't look much at the style of Chuck, Nate or Dan but I might just do a post dedicated to these dashing young men. Who knows? That's a secret I'll never tell, you know you love me xoxo. I couldn't resist not doing that, it was expected.

Hope you have a happy weekend and soak up the lovely rays of sunshine which have come out of hiding. As always stay stylish! 

Images The CW and this pintrest board

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...