Saturday 10 November 2012

Happy Place.



Jab We Met
Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Dostana
Vivah
I watched Milenge Milenge yesterday (well like the last half hour) and realised how much I love Indian movies. I literally find myself smiling afterwards because most of the time it has a happy ending and 9 times out of 10 it's a love story. Whether the main story line is about a romance or it's a side-story - it's there.. err'time. Along with these storylines; there are the catchiest songs (performed in streets, cars, on rooftops, middle of class; whatever tickles their fancy) which are always included in the movies. Despite the somewhat overdramatised scenes at times, I just love them and can't get enough of them. Whatever Bollywood is doing, they're doing it right and they've been doing it for years.

This quote probably sums up why Bollywood movies make you so happy whilst watching. 
"The suspension of disbelief in India is prompt and generous, beginning before the audience enters the theater itself. Disbelief is easy to suspend in a land where belief is so rampant and vigorous. And not just in India; audiences in the Middle East, Russia and Central Asia are also pre-cynical. They still believe in motherhood, patriotism, and true love; Hollywood and the West have moved on." - Suketu Mehta in "Maximum City"


Aaand one of my favourites that I thought I'd share. Stay stylish! 
Images via 1 // 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...