Tuesday 26 April 2016

The beauty of me time.

I'm the type of person that loves being surrounded by people or immersed in conversation with others, however, there always comes a time when I just need some quality me-time.


My favourite kind of me-time is the treat-myself kind. The usual kind of me-time consists of sitting in a coffee shop reading a book or magazine accompanied by my standard cappuccino. If I'm feeling in the proper treat-yo-self mood then I'll pamper myself with anything from a manicure, facial or even just going to get my hair and washed (personal fav because the idea of hair-washing is my least favourite time).

I always feel so refreshed and happy after these kinds of afternoons (or even days). 

Otherwise, a good afternoon read or catching up series is my standard go-to if I am too lazy to venture out into the wilderness (i.e. out of my room). 

And here are some books that are on my current reading (wish)list:
  • Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  • Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez
  • A Short of History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson 
  • The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
  • Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  • More books about royalty - I'm obsessed intrigued with this genre!  
A bit of here and there post nonetheless these delightful days are joyous and rejuvenating and with the upcoming public holidays more time to do these wonderful activities! What are some of your favourite me-time activities?

1





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...